Document Change History
The following Change History log contains a record of changes made to this document:
|Published/ Revised||Version#||Author||Section/ Nature of Change|
|5 Nov 2011||1.0||Management||Initial Creation|
|2 Jan 2012||2.0||Management||Updated with further requirements / added contents and document control|
|7 Feb 2014||3.0||Management||Updated Layout|
|8 Dec 2016||3.1||Management||Updated State|
|25 Jan 2019||3.2||Management||Updated Document Logo/Styling|
This table defines any additional terminology and acronyms used in this document.
Table 1: Terminology and Acronyms
|FTP||File Transfer Protocol|
|SSL||Secure Socket Layer|
|VPS||Virtual Private Server|
|nvArea||Client Management portal https://nvarea.com.au (billing, ordering, services etc.)|
|URL||Uniform Resource Locator|
|ISP||Internet Service Provider|
1.1. “Net Virtue” means Net Virtue Pty Ltd (ACN: 152 900 260) of South Australia, Australia.
1.2. “Service”, “Service(s)” or “Services” means any product(s) or service(s) the Customer has ordered for use. This can include, but is not limited to, the provisioning of space on one of our servers and a connection to and from the internet for web, email and FTP services to function at the level specified in the chosen service level, domain name registration or transfer or renewal, SSL, VPS and SMS services. These product(s) and service(s) are identified in full within the “sign up” and “service provision” emails Net Virtue has sent after your request for service. The specific details of the Services can be found by logging in to the nvArea or on our website.
1.3. “nvArea” refers to Net Virtue’s customer account, billing and management portal, available online at https://nvarea.com.au
1.4. “Customer” means the person, persons or entity who ordered our services.
3.2. Net Virtue collects the following information:
– Net Virtue collects personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, advertisers, prospective employees, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners. In general, the personal information Net Virtue collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, in some cases membership of professional associations and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
– We store the personal information you enter on the Net Virtue website or give to Net Virtue in other ways. We obtain most personal information through the posting of ads or discussion forums via the Net Virtue website. You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from Net Virtue or its related companies, provide a product or service to Net Virtue, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, participate in forums or when you communicate with Net Virtue by email, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
3.4. How Net Virtue uses the information you provide:
– Net Virtue may use information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. There also may be an instance where Net Virtue may use a partial comment from you to recommend others as “Customer Feedback”. This will be requested to be used to the customer prior to publishing on the site or third party discussion forum/web site.
– Provide you with products or services you have requested personalize and customize your experiences on the Net Virtue website; help Net Virtue manage and enhance its services; communicate with you; provide you with ongoing information about opportunities on the Net Virtue website in which Net Virtue believes you may be interested; give you the opportunity from time to time to receive e-mail from Net Virtue.
If you do not provide Net Virtue with that information, Net Virtue will not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
3.5. Net Virtue treats sensitive information the following ways:
– “Sensitive Information” means information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a trade union or professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health. Net Virtue may use and disclose Sensitive Information only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law unless you have agreed otherwise
4.1. How Net Virtue discloses your information:
– Third parties engaged by Net Virtue to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising; third parties authorized by you to receive information held by Net Virtue. If Net Virtue sells part of its business, personal information may be part of the assets transferred to the purchaser. Should Net Virtue provide an opportunity where you are invited to send personal information to organizations other than Net Virtue, the choice to send such information to these organizations is entirely the customers. You should be aware that any such information you choose to send will not be bound by this policy.
Updates to Personal Information
5.1. Net Virtue protects personal information in the following ways:
– Net Virtue endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-todate. You can generally update personal information that is not membership information on the Net Virtue website where you submitted that information. Otherwise, please contact Net Virtue on email@example.com where personal information is no longer required by Net Virtue, it will be destroyed or de-identified.
– You have the right to seek access the personal information held about you and to advise Net Virtue of any inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act. If you make an access request, Net Virtue will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Net Virtue may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.